ABOUT IFUInvestment Facilitation Unit was established on 16th December 2019, to identify investment development opportunities and to better manage, support, and facilitate investment in the country. And in order to attract public and private participation in this sector, the IFU is established as an affiliated unit of the Administrative Office of the President.
AIFU is mandated to provide a compatible environment for foreign and domestic investors to raise economic activities in the country. Moreover, AIFU is responsible to develop a digitalization road map and strategy with relevant stakeholders and for better coordination AIFU lead the bi weekly digitalization taskforce meetings.
The Investment Facilitation Unit is responsible for creating investment opportunities in various fields, including underground resources, agriculture, telecommunication, energy, urban development, Water infrastructure and attracting domestic and foreign investment in commercial and industrial areas.
Providing information on investment opportunities in Afghanistan in order to ensure an increase in domestic and foreign investment in Afghanistan is one of the main activities of the Investment Facilitation Unit as an Investment Incentive.
The Investment Facilitation Unit, cooperate with the Chambers of Commerce and Investment and other relevant institutions to pave the way for domestic investment and Foreigners in various fields of trade and industry, and as much as possible to avoid overlapping duties in each other’s affairs, which causes the dispersion of affairs.
The Investment Facilitation Unit has focused its efforts on introducing Afghanistan as a suitable country for investment in various economic fields and efforts to reform the economic structure, provide legal framework, simplify administrative processes and support industry owners and Investors form the basis of the work of the Supreme Economic Council. Due to the adoption of supportive policies of the government, since 2016, it has witnessed positive and promising movements in the growth of domestic industries and increasing interest in investing in the country.
Mainly IFU have following roles:
- Advocacy within government to seek necessary approvals or urge the removal of obstacles to investment;
- Image building to promote the country as an investment destination;
- Investor servicing or facilitation to help solve problems faced by existing or potential investors;
- Targeting or investment generation by actively seeking out investors based on national development and investment plans.
- Investment Support Directorate;
- Directorate of Public-Private Partnership;
- Directorate of Integration of Economic Zones.
- Research and Development Department;